Our mission is captured in our slogan: Legislative power with purpose.
The Michigan Legislative Black Caucus is a coalition of 28 state legislators committed to ensuring that all citizens of our state have equal opportunities. The caucus includes members of both the state Senate and the state House of Representatives.
The Black Caucus serves as a partnership between residents and legislators. Our members believe that legislators and residents can affect the most change by working in tandem.
We sponsor events and programs around the state to make this partnership as productive as possible. The events allow legislators to share vital information and also serve as an opportunity for residents to express their opinions and concerns to the people who represent them.
We invite you to join us as we work toward a Michigan that grants all its citizens equal access, equal justice and equal opportunity.
- Rep. Sheldon A. Neeley (Chairman)
- Rep. Leslie Love (Executive Vice Chair)
- Sen. Marshall Bullock (1st Vice Chair)
- Sen. Erika Geiss (2nd Vice Chair)
- Rep. Karen Whitsett (Secretary)
- Rep. Brenda Carter (Treasurer)
- Rep. Padma Kuppa (Historian)
- Rep. Abdullah Hammoud (Chaplain)
- Sen. Adam Hollier (Sergeant-at-Arms/Parliamentarian)
- Rep. Cynthia A. Johnson (Chaplain)
- Sen. Betty Jean Alexander
- Sen. Stephanie Chang
- Sen. Sylvia Santana
- Rep. Sarah Anthony
- Rep. Kyra Harris Bolden
- Rep. Wendell Byrd
- Rep. Darrin Camilleri
- Rep. Tyrone Carter
- Rep. LaTanya Garrett
- Rep. Alex Garza
- Rep. Sherry Gay-Dagnogo
- Rep. Vanessa Guerra
- Rep. Abdullah Hammoud
- Rep. Jewell Jones
- Rep. Mari Manoogian
- Rep. Ronnie Peterson
- Rep. Yousef Rabhi
- Rep. Joseph A. Tate
- Rep. Tenisha Yancey
- John E. Johnson, Jr., Esq. (Executive Director)